Arevshat, formerly known as Yekanlar is situated on the foot of Mt. Aragats. The village forefathers migrated from Bvik and Jamughlu in the province of Kars as well as from Sarighamish and Erzrum from 1828 - 1830. The village is 28 km away from the regional center, and has a population of 2,500 living in an area of 1.6 sq. km. The villagers are mainly occupied with cattle-breeding.